The PTO Parent Reps help first graders through their first week of eating lunch at school, prepare meals for teachers during November conferences, and host a teacher appreciation event in the Spring. Our volunteers are cooks, bakers, shoppers, and kind-hearted parents willing to volunteer their time and talents.
Race for Education (RFE)
Fundraising is an important part of the success of our PTO. We have done various fundraisers over the years from catalog sales of various products to Square 1 Art, done by your children. Kids stuff coupon books is a new one we will try for this year. Volunteers are needed for promoting the fundraiser and getting necessary materials home to parents as well as helping distribute orders once they come in and are ready for pick up.
- Giant A+ Rewards: Using your Giant Rewards card when you shop at Giant Foods benefits our schools. Once you register your card, a percentage of every purchase you make is paid back to your children’s schools. Register online at www.giantAplus.com. To credit your purchases to Forge -enter code 00722; Northside -enter code 01033; Pine -enter code 01064, Lingle -enter code 05771. Last year, Giant paid our schools more than $2,000 as a result of parent participation.
- Grocery outlet Bargain Market - check in at the store for your rewards card to earn 3% for our schools!
- Shoparoo App: Scan any receipt from your smartphone and the app does the rest! Use Forge Road School - http://www.shoparoo.com/getstarted
- Moo Money: Collect and Send Us your Turkey Hill Milk Caps
- Box Tops for Education: Don’t forget to clip Box Tops from hundreds of specially marked products. Send them into school with your child where collection baskets are in each office. Learn more about the program by visiting the official Box Tops for Education website at www.boxtops4education.com. We do real well with our Box Tops! Thanks everyone!
A spirit wear sale is held each fall as a way for students to show their Cougar Pride with Cougar wear. All items are of high quality and are offered at a reasonable cost.
The Book Fair has been an annual event sponsored by the PTO and it's volunteers to help raise money for all four elementary schools libraries. Anyone can come during this event to purchase scholastic books and supplies. This one day, one location event needs volunteers to coordinate with scholastic, advertise, setup and tear down, and handle sales transactions at the Fair.
The Elementary PTO Fall Festival is held at the Pine Street playground with the intent of providing students with a day of fun with family and friends. Children from toddler on up can enjoy age-appropriate games at this community event, and there is great food, bounce houses, scavenger hunts, and games. A large number of volunteers will be needed for the event to be successful!
The PTO provides a free yearbook to every 5th grade student at the end of the school year. The committee comprises 5th grade parent volunteers who are willing to help take photographs, lay out yearbook pages, serve as classroom contacts, and hand out the yearbook when it’s complete. Published by LifeTouch, the yearbook is compiled online through the publisher’s website.